Week 21 - 2019
5/20 - 5/26
- This week I created a Dockerfile for building deno in CentOS 7. It was
successfully done. I also tries to build it in Ubuntu 12.04.5, but it failed
gncrashes with the error of incompatible version of (again) GLIBC! The binary version of
gnseems depends on GLIBC 2.17, but ubuntu 12.04.5 seems depending on GLIBC 2.16.
- This week I created a Dockerfile for building deno in CentOS 7. It was successfully done. I also tries to build it in Ubuntu 12.04.5, but it failed because
👨🔧 The gradle plugin for coveralls
- This week I resumed the maintainance of coveralls-gradle-plugin, which I created in 2014. It has only 233 stars, but it is apparantly used in more than 4K repositories. So I feel a little responsibility of maintaining it, though personally I stopped using coveralls in favor of codecov. In my opinion, codecov has big advantages over coveralls. The API is essentially better designed, and now I don't find any reason to keep using coveralls at this moment. Codecov supports the users far better than coveralls. I asked several questions to both coveralls and codecov. Coveralls never answered to my questions, but codecov answered my questions always. But still I'm the only maintainer of coveralls-gradle-plugin, so I have to maintain this plugin.
- This time I updated gradle from 2.13 to 5.4.1. Interestingly this doesn't
build.gradlefile. I was just able to update the version number of gradle. I have to update some test cases, but they were also very small things, and didn't require much efforts. Because of this change, I was able to enable testing in oracle jdk 11. I had thought that there were some problems in jdk 11 because there is an popular issue, which claims that it doesn't work with jdk 11. But strangely it passes CI without any change. So now I don't see the cause of that issue.
- This time I updated gradle from 2.13 to 5.4.1. Interestingly this doesn't break my
🐖 Animal Farm is a classical allegorical novel by George Orwell.
- This week we read the chapter 2. The farm is accidentally revolutionized. It used to be called Manor Farm. Now it's called Animal Farm.
- Joined ginza.js #1 with many friends. The venue was the office of PLAID. We listened to the talks on the grass in their office. I liked @naru0504's talk the best.
今日はGinza.jsというイベントが会社で繰り広げられてます！ #plaid #ginza #ginzajs pic.twitter.com/v5EOqd6krt— タカヤナギケイタロウ@PLAID.INC (@keita600) May 22, 2019
See any mistakes? Please fix!